In this article
Pento does not currently automate Statutory Adoption Leave or Pay. For guidance on eligibilty and entitlement, please refer to HMRC's Employer Guide.
Adding Statutory Adoption Pay to an employee's payslip
Once you have established the employee's eligibility and entitlement, you can add the statutory adoption pay to their payslip by following the steps below:
- Navigate to Payrolls from the left sidebar
- Select the payroll draft you're adding the pay to
- Search for the relevant employee
- Select Add pay item on the payslip preview
- Select+ Gross Addition from the dropdown menu
- Select to add a Custom Gross Addition > Give the pay item a name > enter the amount of statutory adoption pay due > select if the pay item is pensionable or not
Alternatively you can set up recurring pay item at a company level if there are going to be recurring payments of adoption pay.
Adding Statutory Adoption Pay to the EPS
To ensure that this is reclaimed on the EPS each month, head to Settings > Policies and in here you will see a field for Claimed Statutory Adoption Pay
In here you will need to enter the year to date amount of statutory adoption pay you want to reclaim. This is 92% or 103% of the statutory adoption pay paid via the payroll, depending on if you are a small employer or not.