In this article
Create an API Service User in Hibob
To create an API Service User in Hibob > log into Hibob with an admin user.
- From the left menu, select Settings > Integrations.
- Select Automation.
- Click the Service Users thumbnail.
4. Enter a unique name and a display name.
It is advisable to reference Pento to make selection easier at a later date.
5. Click Save. The new service user’s ID and token are now displayed - make sure to keep the token in a safe place, you will not be able to access it again, and it will be required in a later step.
Assign Permissions to your service user.
Once you have created a service user, you will need to assign permissions to the user. It is important that you ensure your service user has been assigned the right permissions in Hibob; otherwise, Pento will not be able to retrieve all required data.
- In Hibob, select Settings > Roles & Permissions from the left menu.
- Click add another group.
3. Give the Permission Group a name (it is advisable to mention Pento in the title).
4. Add the service user you created in step 1 to the permission group.
5. The service user needs to be assigned permission to retrieve all the relevant information from Hibob. Some permissions are assigned by default, but additional permissions will need to be added.
Understanding User Permissions
The standard set of required permissions is defined below; however, the categories may have been renamed in your Hibob system, so the descriptions may not match exactly. Please check your Hibob set-up to ensure the correct categories are assigned. Additional categories may be required if you have chosen to sync custom fields from different categories.
If you have any doubts, you can assign the service user View permissions to all categories (be sure to provide additional access to the documents and People > Personal categories where the upload/delete and edit permissions are required).
A. Assign permissions in the Other Employees tab:
Docs > Shared docs (this may have been renamed in your Hibob instance, but it is essentially the folder where your payslips are sent)
- View selected employees' docs in the folder
- Upload selected employees’ docs in the folder
- Delete selected employees’ docs in the folder
People > Address (this section includes the employees' address information)
- View selected employees' Address sections.
People > Emergency (this section contains emergency contact details)
- View selected employees' Emergency sections
People > Employment (this section contains details of the employees' contracts, effective date and working hours)
- View selected employees' Employment sections.
- View selected employees' Employment section histories.
People > Financial (this section contains the employees' bank account details)
- View selected employees' Financial sections.
- View selected employees' Financial section histories.
People > Home (this section contains gender information – if you have a custom field for legal gender in a different section, please make sure you assign permissions to this section)
- View selected employees' Home sections.
People > Identification (this section contains the employees' National Insurance number)
- View selected employees' Identification sections.
People > Lifecycle (this section contains termination details)
- View selected employees' Lifecycle sections
- View selected employees' Lifecycle section histories.
People > Payroll (this section contains the employees' salary information and variable pay items)
- View selected employees' Payroll sections.
- View selected employees' Payroll section histories.
People > Personal (this section contains the employees' date of birth)
- View selected employees' Personal sections
- Edit selected employees' Personal sections (we don't edit anything, but Hibob do require us to have this permission)
B. Switch to the Company tab and assign the following permission:
People > Directory
- View the company's people directory
C. Switch back to the Other Employees tab and scroll to the Applies to section.
Select by condition, click Edit and delete the Lifecycle status equals Employed condition. This ensures that Pento can retrieve data for terminated employees.
D. Save Changes
If you were previously connected to Hibob in Pento, you will need to disconnect and integrate again in Settings, using the new Service User this time. Your previous mapping fields and settings will be preserved. If you need further guidance on how to connect Pento to Hibob, you can follow this article.
Why can't I find the permissions in Hibob?
Hibob allows you to rename sections, so the permissions listed in Hibob might not match those you see in our help guide. To identify the correct sections in your Hibob system, you'll need to match the fields in the section to your updated naming.