In this article
At times, you might need to terminate an employee in Pento but keep them active in your HRIS. Some examples of when that might happen can be:
- The employee is moving to a different country but is still employed by your company
- The employee is moving to a separate entity within the same umbrella company
- The employee is changing to a contractor role
There are other scenarios when this could happen, and we understand this can be confusing when you terminate them in Pento and their profile is active again after the integrations sync. This article will help you understand the steps you need to take to ensure the employee is terminated from Pento.
- You can go to Employees > Select the employee you wish to terminate and note their ID.
- Go to Settings > Select your HRIS
- Add a filter for the Employee ID with 'is' and write down the Employee ID.
Terminating the Employee
After you save your HRIS settings, the employee should no longer sync to Pento. You can then go back to their profile and terminate them.