In this article
We've replaced the Salary tab within your employee's profiles with a more intuitive and comprehensive Compensation tab. The latest features of this tab enable you to manage your employee’s rates, salary, working pattern, pay schedule and more. You can now also add part-time, zero-hour and workers with flexible working patterns to Pento.
This guide will take you through the new tab step by step so that you can become familiar with its features.
Adding Compensation (Salary)
1. Go to Employees > find the employee > Compensation. You will see the below if the employee does not have a pay schedule yet.
2. Choose a Pay schedule, then Save and close.
3. You will then be able to see the complete Compensation tab. Let's start with setting a salary by selecting Add salary:
When you add the annual salary, Pento will calculate the monthly and weekly equivalent, along with a payslip preview for the adjustments if the salary starting date is part-way through the respective payroll. You can also add only the weekly or monthly salary, and Pento will calculate the annual equivalent.
4. After you save and continue, you can add a new work pattern or keep the current work pattern the employee is on (this can also be edited later). If you select Yes, Pento will ask you to choose the working days to include in the new work pattern.
5. When you're happy with these settings, you can Save and continue. This will save the new salary and take you back to the Compensation tab.
1. To add a company rate to an employee's profile, first, go to Settings > Rates and create a new rate.
2. You can set a name to identify the rate, the type of rate (hourly, multiplier or rate per unit) and define the amount.
3. After you Save and close, you can see and edit the rates you have created from Settings.
Please note – Multiplier rates (overtime) can only be added directly to the employee's payslip, as they vary from period to period.
4. Going back to your employee's profile, you can Add rate:
5. You can select an existing company rate or add a custom rate – which can be helpful when it's a rate specific to a particular employee.
6. After selecting the type of rate, you can then choose to default hours per payroll.
7. When you're happy with these settings, you can Save and close.
Adding Work patterns
If you don't need to change your employee's salary but want to change their work pattern, you can do so directly from the Work Pattern section in Compensation.
1. Select Add work pattern.
2. Select and add the new work pattern.
3. If the new pattern has a start date in the future, the status will show as Upcoming.
Please note – When you change an employee's working pattern, please note that Pento does not revise the salary. If you wish to increase or reduce the salary based on the new working patterns, you should update the same directly in their annual salary.
Making changes to Compensation
You can edit or delete any salary, rate and work pattern by clicking on the three dots and selecting one of the options.