In this article
If an employee is not showing in the payroll draft, it may be that they are still showing as Pending in the Employees list. Pending employees indicate that mandatory fields have not been populated within the employee's profile. For further guidance on mandatory fields, please refer to our help article Mandatory fields for employees
To check if an employee's status is showing as Pending, please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Employees from the left sidebar
- Search for the relevant employee
- Under the payroll column, you will see the employee's status; this will be Ready or Pending
- If they are showing as Ready and not appearing in the payroll draft, please contact support
- If they are showing as Pending, you can find the issues by selecting the employee
- Once selected, any tabs with missing or incorrect data will show the number of updates required as per the below example
- Once you have made all the required updates, the employees should show as Ready.
You can also find a list of employees with missing or incorrect data by navigating to the Overview page.
Once selected, you will see a screen similar to the below screenshot
If you have any employees that require updates, you will see the warning notice as per the above example.
Employees requiring updates
To view and update the employees with data issues, you will need to follow the steps below:
- Select the link View x employees
- Once selected, you will be directed to the following page
- Select the dropdown to the right of the employee's name
- Once selected, you will see the number of updates required and a list of the specific errors, as per the example below:
- View employee Selecting this link will redirect you to the Employee's General tab on their employee profile, any tabs with missing data will show the number of updates required as per the below example
- Alternatively, you can select the specific error from the Overview window which will redirect you to the applicable tab where you can make the updates accordingly
If you have a large number of issues requiring updates, you can choose to download them in csv format, simply click Download issues. If you have an integration with your HRIS, you can choose to download issues stemming from your HRIS, Pento, or both.
You can find an example spreadsheet attached to this article.
Once you have made all the required updates, the employees should show as Ready.
Once all the employees are Ready, the warning notice will disappear from the Overview page and you will be able to confirm your payroll.
Please note - If you are integrated with your HRIS provider, you will need to ensure you update the data within your HR software, otherwise, once the values have synced with Pento, any missing or incorrectly formatted data will be overwritten with the data from your HRIS software, where this is incorrect or null, the fields will be blank in Pento