In this article
If you need to process one-off pay items for multiple employees e.g. if you are paying a one-off bonus to all your employees, you can import the pay items as a csv, tsv or txt file. You will need to follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Payrolls from the left sidebar
- Select the relevant payroll draft
- In the top right corner of the screen, select the box with '...'
- The following options will appear:
- Select Import pay items, you will see a screen similar to the below:
You can upload your pre-populated file or you can manually enter the data in the columns shown in the screenshot above.
Please note - In order for Pento to match the data to employees, the Employee ID is a mandatory column for both the manual and file upload
Uploading data from a file
If you choose to upload the data from a pre-populated file, you will need to follow the steps below:
- Select Upload data from file
- Once uploaded, you will see a screen similar to the below:
- Select Yes if your file contains headers
- Choose Select another row if your file contains headers but it is a different row to the row indicated with the arrow
- Select No header row if your file does not contain headers
- Once confirmed, Pento will automatically try to match the column headings:
- If you have any columns that Pento is unable to match automatically, you will see a Lookup matching fields dropdown where you can match the correct columns
- Once you have confirmed the mapping for each column, select Review
- Once you have reviewed the data, select Continue
- You will be asked if you are ready to submit, select Yes
Please note - The only field that is optional is the pay item title/description, unless you select a Custom gross or net addition/deduction
Frequently asked questions
What columns do I need if I am uploading a pre-populated file?
You can find the headings you need in the manual data section. If you choose to use your own headings, Pento will automatically try to match your headings to the data so it is advisable to use similar or easily identifiable headings.
Can I import pay items for an employee who has previously been terminated?
Yes. You will need to enable a Payment After Leaving payslip for them first. You can refer to our help article Payment After Leaving (PAL) -Beta for guidance on adding a PAL payslip. Once enabled, you can include their payment on the upload file/manual entry as normal.