In this article
If you need to process salary pay items for multiple employees e.g. if you have multiple employees with overtime hours, you can import the hours/units as a csv, tsv or txt file. First, you will need to make sure you have set up the salary pay items, for guidance on adding salary pay items, please refer to our help article Adding Salary Pay Items and Overtime
Once added, you will need to follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Payrolls from the left sidebar
- Select the relevant payroll draft i.e. April 2022
- In the top right corner of the screen, select the box with '...'
- Then select Import work hours from the list of options
- You will see a screen similar to the below:
You can upload your pre-populated file or you can manually enter the data in the columns shown in the screenshot above.
As you have preset the rate for the pay items in Salaries, you should add the hours (not the monetary value) for each applicable pay item.
Please note - In order for Pento to match the data to employees, the Employee ID is a mandatory column for both the manual and file upload
Uploading data from a file
If you choose to upload the data from a pre-populated file, you will need to follow the steps below:
- Select Upload data from file
- Once uploaded, you will see a screen similar to the below:
- Select Yes if your file contains headers
- Choose Select another row if your file contains headers but it is a different row to the row indicated with the arrow
- Select No header row if your file does not contain headers
- Once confirmed, Pento will automatically try to match the column headings:
- If you have any columns that Pento is unable to match automatically, you will see a Lookup matching fields dropdown where you can match the correct columns
- Once you have confirmed the mapping for each column, select Review
- Once you have reviewed the data, select Continue
- You will be asked if you are ready to submit, select Yes
Once you have selected Yes, the hours will appear on the payslip preview in the payroll draft.
The rate is automatically calculated using the employee's salary defined on their employee record, multiplied by the rate set up in the Salary Type settings.
Frequently asked questions
What columns do I need if I am uploading a pre-populated file?
You can find the headings you need in the manual data section. If you choose to use your own headings, Pento will automatically try to match your headings to the data so it is advisable to use similar or easily identifiable headings.