In this article
Using integrations can be a serious time saver and ensure your data, no matter where it's being shown, is always drawing from a single source of truth.
But sometimes you may want to exclude certain employees from syncing, for example, if you add an exclusion filter defined as Country is not UK, any employees whose country is defined as outside the UK in your HRIS will not be synced.
Below are a few further examples of cases where you may want to include an exclusion filter:
- Overseas employees
- Employees didn't end up joining
Setting up an exclusion filter
- Go into Pento
- Go to Settings in the left hand sidebar
- Scroll down to the Integrations section in the left sidebar
- Click into the HRIS system you have linked to enter integrations settings page
- Scroll down to the toggle option for Exclude employees and enable it
- Click Add filter
Please note – Multi-select lists cannot be used for filtering, so they won't appear in the list when selecting fields from the HRIS.
- Open the first dropdown and select the field you want the filter to be based on. These are based on your field mappings in Pento.
- Open the 2nd dropdown and select an appropriate function.
- the IS function will exclude employees who match the criteria
- the IS NOT function will exclude employees who do not match the criteria
Top tip - Due to how the filter functionality works, it is often better to use an IS function and create multiple entries for each instance, e.g. if you have 10 work locations and you wanted to exclude all except 3 of them, it's better to have an IS filter for each of those 3 locations. You can add two or more ‘Is not’ filters, but this invalidates the filters, so they won't work.
- Enter your criteria, this should reflect all the possible answers for the field you've selected e.g. if my work countries are UK, Germany and France, I should enter one of those options as my criteria
Please note - Entering a criteria that does not correspond to any possible answer in your HRIS for the field you've selected will mean the filter will not have an effect
- Once completed, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Save
- Your filters are now in effect
Please note – If the employee's status changes (e.g. they are still working for your company but moved overseas), they need to be terminated in Pento after the exclusion filter is applied.